UPDATE: Leaf collection will begin on a Tuesday of each week for 2023, which is different than previous years.
The Village and Flood Brothers have partnered to provide a Fall Leaf Collection Program. Residents who participate in the Village's residential refuse (curbside) collection program are eligible to dispose of leaves in this program.
As always, if you do not wish to participate in this collection service, standard yard waste collection is still available through the end of November. Click here for more info.
Flood Brothers will begin leaf collection beginning on the Tuesday of the below listed weeks, and will continue to collect leaves each day that week throughout the Village. This means that Flood Brothers can pick up on any day that week, such as Tuesday, or Wednesday, or Thursday, or Friday. We ask residents place their leaves by the curb by Tuesday morning.
Tuesday, November 14th
Leaf Collection Guidelines:
- Place leaves on the parkway, as close to the street curb as possible (but not in the street), by 7:00 a.m. on the Tuesday morning of the scheduled collection week. Leaves will be collected before the end of each week. If your location was missed, please call public works at 847-426-2822 & Choose #8.
- Pile leaves as high as possible.
- Do not mix leaf piles with any other materials including, but not limited to, branches, rocks, fire pit ash, plants, or trash.
- Avoid parking on the street during collection weeks. Leaves will not be picked up if obstructed by parked vehicles.
- Please advise your lawn care service if you have one.
- Keep a distance of approximately 10 feet between leaf piles and permanent structures - e.g. fire hydrants, trees, streetlight poles, landscaped areas, etc.