Based on direction from the Village Board and a focus on general aesthetics of the neighborhoods of West Dundee, the Village will be placing increased attention a number of common property maintenance code violations.
The areas of code enforcement that will be focused on include:
• Vehicles parked in driveways should not block the sidewalk, particularly during daylight hours, in order to promote a pedestrian-friendly environment throughout the Village.
• Refuse containers should not be placed curbside any earlier than the evening prior to collection. Typically, this is Thursday evening. During the week of the 6 major holidays (New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day), collection is moved to Saturday, in which case refuse containers should not be placed earlier than Friday evening.
• Garbage cans should not be stored along the front (street side) of your home, but rather along the side or in the rear yard.
• Grass and weeds within your individual lot should be properly maintained, and do not become overgrown or unsightly. These would include any planting beds, landscape areas or lawns.
• Outdoor fire pits must located in the rear yard and at least 20’ away from any structure or combustible material. No garbage or yard waste is permitted to be burned.
• RVs, boats and trailers may not be stored in any driveway for longer than 48 hours.
Please click below for additional information regarding enforcement intentions related to these code compliance issues.